We’re looking for a new Caretaker and Assistant Caretaker, to work within St Faith’s Church and Parish Centre!
Successful candidates will:
- Be in sympathy with the Christian faith, and able to work consistently within our church vision: Our vision is to be a welcoming progressive Christian community of all ages and all stages of faith, nurturing spiritual growth, and representing God’s living presence in our town.
- Have proven skills in premises and facilities operation and practical maintenance (excellent DIY skills, practical skills, good at working with tools, basic plumbing abilities for unblocking sinks, traps and waste pipes, basic carpentry skills and ability to mend items e.g. door handles, a good understanding of repair/maintenance issues)
- Be able to lift and move equipment and furniture
- Have good inter-personal skills and customer relationship skills, with the ability to communicate well face-to-face and by telephone
- Be comfortable with using and managing modern office, and other, equipment
- Be computer literate
- Have experience of team working and handling unexpected situations as they arise
- Have the ability to deal confidently with contractors and suppliers
- Be an efficient, disciplined and orderly person with the ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure, work independently, prioritising effectively, positive and proactive, flexible, and with good timekeeping skills
- Be willing to undertake training such as First Aid, Handling and Lifting, COSHH/VDU safety and other Health and Safety training.
Each role will be around 48 hours a month, and would suit someone who would like to be active in the community, but not committed to a full-time position.
Details of the job descriptions and person specifications are here:
And the application forms are here:
Deadline for applications is Friday 30 June 2017.
If you have a query, please do contact us.