Women4Women in Lee is a group of women gathered together under the umbrella of St Faith’s Church, Lee-on-the-Solent, aiming to show God’s love in our town.
Our vision is to bring together women of all ages and stages of life in Lee-on-the-Solent, growing community and combating loneliness, supporting each other and reaching out to those in need.
We will do this by:
- Building connections between women of all ages, whether you find yourself working, mothering, retired, disabled, caring, new to Lee-on-the-Solent and its environs, or just keen to meet new people in a safe, friendly environment
- Being open to everyone who supports our aims, and lives, works, or is otherwise connected with Lee-on-the-Solent or its immediate surrounding areas
- Recognising members of the community who are already reaching out to others, including through a programme of regular community awards
- Fundraising for specific women in need (for example, a local women’s refuge, charitable groups or individual needs)
- Working with other community organisations (such as Acts of Kindness, Gosport Voluntary Action)
- Utilising gifts and talents within the group, as well as responding to external donations of time, talent or money, and using these to enable bespoke projects which engage with community need
- Being flexible and responsive to community need as it arises
New Year Sparklers 2021
Women4Women in Lee were given a donation of twenty packs of sparklers to go to anyone who might need a bit of cheering up. We delivered them on New Year’s Eve, together with a card, to women we thought would appreciate them, who had suffered from bereavement or other mental health challenges or were living alone.
Here’s what some of them said:
Thank you for your kind gesture.
Thank you for the surprise sparklers, I was very touched, what a lovely thought.
Here’s what one of the women delivering the sparklers said:
People were appreciative and touched by the gesture. Some tears were shed at being remembered.
Happy New Year to everyone from Women4Women in Lee!